Monday, December 1, 2008

A little side trip to the zoo...

Just a quick drive-by post... more to come soon. We went to the zoo while I was in Buffalo in order to visit the new Rain Forest Center that opened in July. It was quite nice (warm in that winter coat though!)
I love polar bears and the mere idea of them being instinct sometime in the future makes me so sad. What wonderful creatures!
And, this guy just seemed to be protecting that tire something fierce.

I have a love/hate relationship with the zoo. I hate having animals cooped up because I fear their life pales to what it could be (although I fully know they get excellent treatment from the zoo keepers) in the wild. But, I love learning about them and knowing that kids, who might not travel anywhere to see them in person, can learn about these wonderful creatures.

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I have given up the zoo, but I too love polar bears. I really want to cuddle with them, but I have been advised to avoid the temptation.

Iron Needles said...

I understand your feelings about the zoo. I think we are smarter about them than we once were, and some breeding programs are useful, but they are a conundrum.