Monday, December 29, 2008

Marveling in the Afterglow of the Holiday

The things I liked most about the Christmas holiday were:
  • Time with my mom.
  • Giving her the gifts I made - a necklace, the quilt and the socks - as well as the GPS we named Greta.
  • Receiving the basket my mom made and lined for my knitting stuff.
  • Drawing the fireplace for Santa.
  • Decorating cut out cookies. Oh, so delish!
  • Visiting Va La Winery and Longwood Gardens.
  • The walk in the woods with Rosy...and coming home and giving her a bath since the entire lower half of her body went from white to black on said walk.
  • Visiting Ikea, getting a new bookcase for my living room and having my mom help me put it together.
  • Receiving the beautiful Tanglewood bag and embroidered towel my friend Laura made me for Christmas.
  • A short trip to JoAnn's to get the skirt pattern I've been craving... now I can make use of the rest of that green wool crepe.
  • Just relaxing....
What a lovely time! I feel so blessed.

4 comments:

Iron Needles said...

I truly feel that being able to see simple things I can be grateful for is a real gift.

Maria Rose said...

Two things:
1) I love that you named the GPS. I too enjoy naming inanimate objects. Our owner's manual for the car is named Guido.

2) Ikea! I just found out they are opening a store here in 2009. I suppose I should just have my paycheck directly deposited to Ikea.

Jane said...

Another uplifting post. I wish you well for the coming year - and thanks so much for your kind thoughts during a v difficult time. X

Jewel said...

Spending time with your mom is so important. I lost my mom over 16 years ago from cancer and I think I miss her the most at Christmas.
Happy New Year!