Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Yum Cookies!

Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate! It's hard for me to believe it is already Christmas Eve. This month and indeed this year have passed by so quickly!

My mom arrived yesterday to celebrate with Rosy and me. Last night, we were able to make and bake all of the cut out cookies. Cut out cookies always remind me of times when I was young.... and it was wonderful to be able to do them yet again with my mom. Now, we have peanut butter blossoms, pumpkin chocolate chip and cut out cookies! (Much too much for just us.... guess we'll have to waddle... umm, muddle...through!)
Yesterday, I also ran to the bead store to see about getting a bead to match the earring my mother lost. Of course, I got distracted by all of the shiny things and decided to make a quick little necklace for myself too. I made this this morning as something different from the typical wishbone charm I wear.
I hope your holiday, whether it be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or something else is spent surrounded by loved ones, warm and well fed. So many people are facing hardships this year; I am grateful for the love I experience through family and friends, the ability to pay my bills and put a good roof over my head, and the kindness of others. May those blessings see their way into other people's lives in 2009!

1 comment:

Dee said...

The cookies look delicious.

Merry Christmas!