Friday, December 5, 2008

The Startitis Bug Got Me

On Wednesday, in the morning before my trip out of town, the startitis bug came skipping into my apartment, bite my left hand and instructed me to cast on. I tried to quench him with the fumes from a different project but that bug is one mean creature. I cast on a hat I've been thinking about making. (For me, I'm doing knitting for myself when I really should be working on my mom's Silver Bells socks!!) I worked on it for about 45 minutes before the bug was satisfied and allowed me to resume packing. So, now I have about four projects on the needles. Make my little demanding friend not return for a while - at least until something is cast off.

9 comments:

Jewel said...

I know what you mean, that darn bug. It keeps trying to get me but I really need to get what I have on my needle done!

Jane said...

There must be something in the air. I've just set aside a top I am making to knit a hat!

Dee said...

We are powerless over the startitis bug. Resistance is futile.

Maria Rose said...

Yes, I love having several projects in the works. If one looks boring or too overwhelming I work on another.

leah said...

It always seems when there is really knitting that needs to be done that the startitis bug hits!

madalyn said...

That's more than I can say! The yarn for my next project is just sitting there, waiting...

Karen said...

Only four projects! Lucky you. I don't remember how many I currently have on the go, but the number, I assure you, is an embarrassing one.
Now...we want details! What kind of hat? Made from what?

Jeanne said...

Sometimes you just have to start a project! Looking forward to seeing them...

Iron Needles said...

Better that bug than the flu! I am getting it, too, but really want to get this scarf finished. I mean, it's a SCARF. If I start something else, I will never get back to it.