Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Theme of 2009

At the start of 2008, I determined a theme for the year - an idea borrowed from a friend of mine. The theme I adopted was "Confidently Forward." It signified what I needed after a rough 2007, where I found out that everything I thought about a boyfriend was a mis-truth (let's just say Lifetime TV movie proportions) and where my growth as a person wasn't as great as I felt it should be.

Over the past couple of days, I've been debating what theme I should use for 2009. I wrote out some goals beforehand as I believe they should offer some guidance to the overall theme. Some of the 2009 goals are:
  • Make another quilt.
  • Eat more veggies.
  • Save about $250/month to put towards a new computer as my little Mac is getting older.
  • Refinish a piece of furniture.
  • Continue dating and don't get discouraged.
  • Volunteer more locally.
Now, an overall theme is so much more difficult than determining goals. I brainstormed a bit and threw out the overly cheesy ones. Vote on what you think the theme should be.... or suggest something else for me under the comments!

What do you think should be my 2009 theme?
Embracing My Possibilities
Joy is Everywhere
Surround Yourself with Love
Savor Every Possibility
Chase What You Love
pollcode.com free polls

8 comments:

Maria Rose said...

My personal theme it taken from a dear friend,"You are here and it is now." I feel like it reminds me to live in the present. Feel free to use it any time!

crazyknittinglady said...

I think having a theme of any kind is a fascinating idea! Have fun with whatever you choose.

Dee said...

My theme for 2009 is "do what is best".

Good luck with your theme.

Iron Needles said...

I like the first three best, and can't pick!

Iron Needles said...

PS It's been great to get to know you this year!

Jacqui said...

My friend told me her theme for 2009 is to "live bravely". I like it - it's about taking risks, which is always hard when fear and insecurity want to stop us. I'm thinking about using it myself. I picked the last one about following what you love because I think that is how to be true to yourself - and it isn't always easy. I hope it's a good year for you no matter what.

Jane said...

What a lovely idea.
Happy New Year.

Savvy Mode SG said...

very savvy idea. i think my goal is to push my own limit again.