Monday, December 8, 2008

Thin Air = Thin Knitting Time (I Guess)

I'm back from Denver. It was a great conference and a wonderful trip. I was lucky enough to have a room on the 37th floor of the hotel - wonderful views!! After I got over a bit of altitude sickness, I got to spend a lot of good time catching up with friends.... I'm so grateful for Wendi, Kara, Eve and others for spending some good time gabbing about life, love and work.

When I got back to Philly yesterday, it was considerably colder than Denver. Thankfully, it will be warmer by Wednesday - 21 degree highs are just a bit chilly! (And, that cold without an inch or two of snow seems wrong.)

I didn't have a lick of knitting time while I was there. I took two projects and didn't even do anything on the plane (the ride back involved lots of sleep since my alarm went off at 3:45 AM). I worked a bit on this Silver Bell Sock for my mom last night.... hopefully I'll make enough progress this week so I can start the second one this weekend. That is, if I can keep that darn Startitis bug from encouraging me to pick up that hat again.

5 comments:

leah said...

The sock looks lovely! Glad you had a good trip!

Jewel said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Good luck with the socks, your mom will love them in this cold weather.

Rose said...

i always succumb to the startitis. i usually have at least 4-5 wips at anytime! denver looks gorgeous :)

Maria Rose said...

You left just in time. We were hit with a storm in Denver today.

Iron Needles said...

I was going to say the same thing Maria Rose said. You got the good days in between the snow days!