Monday, December 29, 2008

Things I've Accomplished in 2008

This has been a heck of a year I think. I feel I've accomplished and learned so much... grown as a person and as a crafter. Among the things I've learned/done this year, my highlights are:
  • Knit my first sweater (and second and third).
  • Learned wire working for jewelry. And thus made a plethora of necklaces.
  • Bought a new sewing machine to make sewing an actual possibility in my life.
  • Completed my first quilt ever.
  • Re-assessed my personal priorities and adjusted my life to fit them better.
  • Learned metal working to make hammered bracelet.
  • Started dating again.
  • Knit socks for the first time.
  • Made almost all of my Christmas gifts.
  • Wrote some good curriculum.
  • Re-connected with some old friends!
  • Completed first dress with lining and blind hem.
  • Visited Italy over the summer... will definitely going back to that beautiful country.
  • Signed up for a stained glass class in 2009!

4 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Most excellent and good for you! Here's to a great new year, too.

Dee said...

That's a great list.

Wishing you even bigger and better things in 2009! Hope you have a great year.

Karen said...

An excellent list, and I know the coming year will bring even more exciting challenges -- and that you'll meet every single one!

Tinniegirl said...

That's a fabulous list of accomplishments for the year. Can't wait to see what 2009 brings.