I just finished the beret I cast on yesterday afternoon. It is the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret pattern, free off Ravelry. I used the yarn I bought in Italy over the summer after frogging the scarf I was using it in. The beret was an easy knit and I love the way all of the cabling interacts with each other. The color isn't true in the photo - blame the lack of sunlight and that I had to turn the flash off to get cables to show up nicely in the photo. The nice thing is that I think I have enough of the yarn left to make a cowl, so now I get to identify a complementary pattern.
I also worked on the skirt I'm sewing with the left over wool crepe fabric. It's about half done and I think I will probably finish it tomorrow. I'll be back with that and the final word on the 2009 theme..... I hope your new year is going well too!