Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Love a Mini Break

After working crazy hours at work for about a week and a half, I had Monday and Tuesday off this week. I used that time somewhat productively. What did I do you ask?
  • I finished the 3rd and 4th books of the Twilight series. I have to say, I couldn't put book 4 down even though I didn't completely like the story. Stephanie Meyer seemed focused on keeping the main characters alive rather than keeping things real. It was good though.... just no Harry Potter.
  • I bought fabric. I thought I had enough lining for the little suit jacket I'm making. Wrong! Monday required a trip to JoAnn's, where I got lining fabric and 1/2 yard of some pretty pink flowered fabric. It will make a nice addition to my future quilt blocks.
  • I bought more fabric. Yesterday, I took my cell phone in for repair. It was randomly shutting off, which is never nice. While they worked on my phone, I killed time but picking up Rosy's heartworm and flea medication and then popped by Wal-Mart (yeah, I hate Wal-Mart too but sometimes you gotta kill time). So, I got 6 different 1/4 yards for $5. And, the fabric woman was perfectly delightful.
  • I cut out pattern pieces. The little suit jacket pieces are prepped and ready for me.
  • I cut glass. My stain glass class last night was fun. I cut out all of the pieces of glass and started putting the copper around the pieces. Next week - soldering!! So much freaking fun!
What didn't I do? Knitting. I have no project on the needles. It's kind of driving me crazy. I need to find a worsted weight sweater I love to cast on. (Raverly in my future? You might say!) I also didn't sew anything. I thought about it a bunch but never got the pieces cut out to start the sewing process. I think this weekend will make prime sewing time though....

5 comments:

Jane said...

I am glad you enjoyed your very productive mini break!

Maria Rose said...

Looks like the glass project is really coming along!

Kara said...

Yay! The heart looks fab!

Tinniegirl said...

I used to love Walmart when I lived in the USA. I poured a tonne of money into that place.

carlita dee said...

It's the heart! Love it!

Knit Ingenue from Custom Knits with me! :)