Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Seriously?

I must offer the disclaimer that this has nothing to do with crafting....

I got a pair of boots for Christmas. They were too wide in the calves so I sent them back (mail away) and ordered a new pair. The new pair were an 8 - my normal size. Well, they were way too big. So I mailed those back and got one of the few 7 1/2 left. Whew, they fit. So I wore my dress today with my fabulous new boots. And, they were comfy and oh so pretty. And, tonight at a meeting the freaking heel broke. Seriously? I had to walk back to my car with walk, shuffle, walk, shuffle, walk, shuffle..... it was sad (and a little taxing on the right foot).

The boots gods are frowning upon me. So, off these go in the mail, with no replacement available. No boots for me (Yeah, I just said that aloud in the Soup Nazi voice from Seinfeld). And such is life, isn't it? Thankfully, I have plenty of yarn to bring a happy smile to my face.....

(I will say my new friend Amber at Eddie Bauer customer service was quite helpful, apologetic and nice about it......so kudos to them!)

6 comments:

Dee said...

If you love the boots AND they fit, would it be worth it to take them to the shoemaker and have him fix the heel.

I know they are brand new and shouldn't break, but at least you could still have boots you love.

Stacy said...

I thought about it but my cobbler would charge a small fortune and after already having the boots cost a small fortune, it hardly seems right. Plus, Eddie Bauer will pay everything back.... I'll get other boots later.

Maria Rose said...

What is with wide calves these days? I can never find boots that don't have freaky large calves. I am not noticing an increase in our large calved population...what gives?

PS Check my blog today, you won a prize!

Iron Needles said...

I have always found Eddie Bauer to have excellent customer service online and in the store. Glad you had the same experience.

Still it is an inconvience.

madalyn said...

Ugh, that stinks!

But, I, too, have found that Eddie Bauer has good customer service. I hope they're able to help you in some way...

Jane said...

I feel for you. I live in my boots in the winter.