Monday, January 26, 2009

Trying to Avoid the Curves....

and it is next to impossible. As I said before, the curves is stained glass are harder to cut. I can't seem to make a design that offers me the appropriate amount of challenge without too many curves.

I drew both of these tonight. Quite honestly, the heart would probably offer the appropriate challenge. I'm intrigued by the dove, although I haven't figured out how to break up the body into do-able parts. The dove is from the crest of my sorority and could be kind of cool (although, I fear, too big). The heart is just something I'm thinking would be nice and done in time for Valentine's day in case I decide to use it as a gift. I have so many other ideas in my brain but can't translate them into non-curvy designs on paper. Argh! I have until tomorrow night to decide....

Oh, but I did get my gloves today, although not the Atlas brand so highly recommended. So I should return tomorrow night with all of my fingers!

6 comments:

Jane said...

My favourite is the heart. You are so creative.

Dee said...

I think the heart would be a good start. You can always do the dove after you have a little more experience.


I can't wait to see your project.

Kara said...

Wow, both look so fun. But I do like the heart. That one would be fun with different shades of or red or something. Anyway, what a fun project!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Cool- I can't wait to see which one you choose! I like them both (and have never done glass cutting, so I can't offer advice on that aspect).

Maria Rose said...

Oh yes, that would be so difficult to avoid the curves! I am so excited to see which one you go with.

carlita dee said...

Ride the curves and do the bird!