Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bits of Loveliness

What a wonderful day! I went into work late since I'm working all weekend this weekend. A half day just flies by. I spoke with a couple of friends, met with some students and got a bunch of stuff done. I came home and had this beautiful photo from Maria at little things are big waiting for me in the mail. She had a little bad joke contest and awarded everyone for making her laugh. I feel so lucky to have this gorgeous photo.... now for the perfect spot!

I had my third stain glass class last night. I soldered. (Way too much fun!) I pretty much am done with this little lovely.... just need to add a loop for a hook next week. I've learned a lot of what I would and wouldn't do if I did it again. Which I just might do next class session.
I am planning to mail it to my mom as part of a Valentine's gift. I need to make a quilted heart for her door like the one I made before. And, I have some candy already. I got some chocolate from her today - sponge candy and chocolate hearts. Delish!

And lastly, a random aside.... I love one of the totally cheesy apps I downloaded on to Penelope. It's called Shake Liners and is all about cheesy pick up lines.
  • "Do you like the zoo, because you bring out the animal in me."
  • "Do you eat lots of Lucky Charms? Because you are magically delicious!"
  • "Help! Something is wrong with my eyes - I just can't take them off you!"
Seriously hilarious!! What is your favorite cheesy pick up line?

5 comments:

leah said...

Thanks for the blog recommendation! I look forward to following it!

Kara said...

Oh that picture is lovely. Lucky you!

And the heart turned out fab. I am sure you mom will LOVE it.

Jane said...

What a beautiful piece of work.

Maria Rose said...

I am so glad that you got the picture and that you liked it!!!

Pick up line...well for some reason I know dirty pick up lines (WHY???)let's see...a clean one
Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven,because you're an angel.
Ooo, that is a really dumb one.

carlita dee said...

"Girl, you look so good I'd drink your bath water." Both intriguing and gross.

Cute little heart!