Sunday, February 8, 2009

Getting Back on the Horse

A wee bit of productivity in my Sunday. I cast on this lovely little sweater last week and then it lay in the knitting basket with the other UFOs. (I like to imagine they have nice little conversations about things they hope to see one day and the like.... you know, rather than just laying there forgotten and unloved. My casting on another project is really just giving them someone new to welcome into the fold.)Today, I dug her out and knit for a bit. The sweater is Bristow from Knitty's winter 2005 issue. Right now, I'm on the back which is just plain stockinette except for the cast on edge. It feels so good to be knitting again! I feels as though I was on a bit of a vacation lately and am just now getting my crafting juju back. Maybe that means the piecing together of that jacket is in my future sooner rather than later..... woohoo!!

5 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I always think my artwork has conversations with each other, particularly when I leave them alone for too long.

Kara said...

Yeah, I am feeling that too. It is nice to get back to the swing of knitting. But that is going to be a lovely sweater! How fun.

Smokey in the City said...

That's going to be a beauty of a sweater. And I loved the stained glass!

Carolyn said...

Glad you're knitting! I heard that this economy has people knitting more than ever!

Poshyarns said...

Oooh, very nice sweater and I am chuckling at the idea of my knitting chatting away in my basket. Off to creep up to my knitting basket and hear what they've been saying about me.