Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slacker... That's Me

By the time I finish this sweater I'm working on, it will be April and too warm for a wool sweater. And it will languish in my storage chest until next fall. Such is life I guess. I just feel bad. I want to spend more time knitting. I just have not been able to lately. Since I got home from the conference, I have been working late and trying to go to bed early in order to be rested. Tonight, instead of knitting I cleaned my bathroom. (Lemme tell you how much it needed it... A LOT!)

I feel like my crafty passion hasn't been used lately.... and quite honestly it is a bit stifling. I like the crafty influence in my daily goings on. I need that outlet for my energy and for my mind to work properly. So that said, the plan for this weekend is:
  • haircut, style and highlights (so I can be pretty),
  • Rosy's little grooming appointment (so my dog can be pretty),
  • a trip to JoAnn's for interfacing,
  • and then I can work on my little suit coat,
  • a bit of knitting,
  • And maybe in time allows, a little piecing together of some quilt blocks.
Really, that all would be pure bliss!


P.S. BTW, I'm watching Obama talk to Congress.... wowzers, his style so different from Bush's.

2 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Sounds like a nice weekend.

I totally missed the pres address and I don't know how. I love to watch him speak.

Maria Rose said...

I have been in a funk too. I wonder if it's just the end of winter?