Monday, March 23, 2009

On the Coffeetable

I've been reading a bunch lately. This weekend, I went to facilitate a program for the sorority community at UConn. I read two magazines in route there and one on the way home. I finished the book Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. And, now I'm rotating between two books: A Homemade Life (like everyone else is blogland) and The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women.
I'm really enjoying A Homemade Life. Molly has an excellent ability to weave a picture with her words. And she is certainly making me reflect on my relationship with food. I'm not necessarily a cook. Perhaps that is, in part, because cooking for one isn't that exciting. However, I do think cooking is something I'm pretty good at. I like to go off-recipe and experiment with ingredients. I think tomorrow when I make dinner, my final product will definitely deviate from the recipe I was planning on using. And after reading the book a bit, I'm craving pound cake.

As for The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women, so far it is good. I'm looking forward to the challenges the authors interspersed throughout the book. I like things that make my creative juices flow...

Since I was away for the weekend, very little crafting was done. I am hoping to make some more owls this week. Now that I've figured out how the design needs to be tweaked, I'm excited to make more Ollies.

What are you doing creatively right now?

4 comments:

Tinniegirl said...

I'm sewing softies and getting ready to start on a new collage, and giving myself permission to not know what to do next with my business. It feels pretty good.

leah said...

Thanks for pointing out those books....they look interesting! I'm knitting and spinning :) and cooking :) and doing math (which in some ways is quite creative too)

Jane said...

Both books sound great.
I am working on two creative projects for work today - I am rewriting to courses for students: Big PR Ideas for Small Business and Writing For Publication!

Maria Rose said...

I have been working on a painting. I also want to make a mobile for my little one; I am thinking penguins.