Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools Birdie

My front door has been looking a little empty since Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day passed. I decided I needed to whip up a little spring something to make my door a little more homey. I didn't want to do something for Easter since it is right around the corner and I wanted a decoration with more staying power. So a cute little springy colored bird was in order.  I drew the pattern two nights ago, cut it out before work yesterday morning and sewed it last night.  
I thought about quilting one but it seemed like too small of a project for proper quilting, at least with my quilting experience. Instead just a small little bird.... I'm thinking it will be a lovely little bit of spring to come home to each day.

7 comments:

leah said...

Very cute! I should do something like that on my door!

Maria Rose said...

Adorable. I like that you make an extra effort!

Dee said...

The fabric is cute.

Kara said...

Very cute and springy.

flossy-p said...

Love him! The fabric is amazing, such a cheerful little fellow. :)

Meredith said...

So sweet!!!

徵信社 said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

參觀,Thanks