Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Holy Green Thumb Batman!

I always envy other people's home grown tomatoes, not to mention their garden space to grow them. Home grown tomatoes just taste different: richer and more delicious! I don't have any personal outdoor space at my apartment complex so growing my own has always been a little bit complicated.
This year, I decided to just grow my own window sill garden (thank goodness my window sills are 12 inches deep!). Earlier today, I made a trek to Lowe's and got some little plants for summer. I bought a Roma tomato plant, a cherry tomato plant and some sweet basil. Since I normally use tomatoes to make a spaghetti sauce, it's good these little plants are already getting to know each other... those that grow together, simmer together.
And a FO for you! This dishcloth is for my mom as part of her little Easter package. This, along with the door decoration and some chocolate, are on their way to Buffalo as we speak. A nice little project, I used the pattern DW Darrell Waltrip Dishcloth. I think I needed a quick little project.... it offers a sense of accomplishment in a speedy manner. And I know Mom will like it!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Mmmmmmm...homegrown tomatoes. They always taste so much better than store bought.

Meredith said...

That is so awesome! I've been wanting to do some homegrown veggies this year - I'm just so intimidated and feel like I have no clue how to start. I probably just need to jump in.

I did that dishcloth pattern as well. It was a nice quick work. Yours looks great!