Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Impress Myself (Snotty, Aren't I?)

I love the feeling of pride good sewing gives me. When you put in a zipper and everything lines up, you can't help but impress yourself. You look at the garment and think "Wow, that's just about perfect. And, it was all me!" I seriously hope that pride never goes away, even 30 years from now. There are times I get that feeling at work, although this year has had few of those moments. I can always more often count on sewing to offer me that feeling of success.

The dress needs a bottom hem, the straps attached to the front and perhaps the addition of a pocket. I'm debating that and will have to have it complete and tried on to determine is a pocket would be right. But really most clothes are better with pockets, aren't they? Perhaps, if I'm not out too late with friends tonight, a little hemming will occur. Oh, I can't wait to introduce this little number to the other dresses in the closet! Bliss....

4 comments:

Kara said...

I say, own it!

Dee said...

:-) Glad it is going well.

Donna Lee said...

I feel that way when I've completed a pair of handknit socks and put them on. The feeling of accomplishment/pride is wonderful.

Maria Rose said...

Congrats on a job well done. I can't wait to see the masterpiece.