Friday, April 10, 2009

Summer Camp!!

Do you want to go to arts and crafts summer camp but can’t swing the dough this year? Or just can’t travel to a brick and mortar camp (or is it plywood and outhouse?) from wherever you are in the world? (Those darn airline fees… The $15 for my extra bag of yarn is just too much!) Well, perhaps you’d be interested in participating in the Virtual Summer Camp! VSC is in its first year and welcomes all crafters and artists. VSC will be held during the month of June. We’ll have a number of “classes” and some dedicated blog time to share your work on projects.

What you’ll need to sign up for camp:

  • A blog to write about your camp experience
  • A silly camp nickname
  • A willingness to throw your “cool cap” out the window and giggle like a school girl

What VSC is looking for:

  • Gotta a great art or crafty talent? Wanna share it with others around the world? Sign up to serve as a craft leader. Your responsibilities include determining a project and helping others along the way. Sew a skirt. Paint a picture. Knit a sweater. Make earrings. Whatever it is, we want your talent!
  • Instructors will need to post three times a week with a minimum of 3 to 5 posts. They will also need a valid email address for class questions. They can schedule their class session (ie. blog posts) for whenever in June works best for them.
  • Instructors will also need to visit and comment in all of the “attendees” blogs during the duration of the class. You can limit class size to a manageable size for you. Be sure to let me know about the size limitation for coordination purposes.

What’s the cost you ask? Why, nothing but your time and craftiness. Come on! Get on the bus and sing “If You’re Happy and You Know It” with the crew….

If you are interested in instructing, please email me via the address on the sidebar. Once we have instructors set, the full class list and sign up information will be posted. In the meantime, think about what snacks you want to share at the camp fire (and link to this post in your blog to let others know!).

8 comments:

Tinniegirl said...

Stacy, this is such an awesome idea. I'm thinking that I might love to be an instructor. I'm feeling a bit nervous about overcommitting myself though. Will have to think about it a little more and I'll email you about it too.

madalyn said...

What a great idea!

I'm not feeling like I can be an instructor at this time, although it sounds like fun. Just have way too much on my plate. But, I might sign up as a camper!

Maria Rose said...

I might be interested in teaching, but let me get through this move before I contact you. Sounds like fun!

Linda said...

what a wonderful idea!!I have popped over from Tinniegirl and I would love to be a camper, will keep an eye out for when campers can sign up!!!

Alison said...

That is such a fantastic idea. If I was good enough I would be an instructor but don't know I have what it takes stitch wise, but I will be on it either way.

Karin said...

That sounds like fun! I will give it a go.

The idea of instructing is tantalizing but it's hard for me to pin myself down and lock in. Scary! LOL If I did, maybe it would be a self-portrait class? :-)

Maureen said...

I would love to be a camper! Thanks for hosting this.

Donna Lee said...

I'm in. Just have to pull out the duffle and I'm all set!