Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend = Results

Oh, how I love the weekend!! I feel as though I've really been able to get my craft on this over the last two days. I knit....
The baby blanket for my friend's little one is about 40% done. I bought two different dye lots of the yarn because I liked the lighter shade more and there wasn't enough of it left. I'm totally loving the stripes though. It's nice no thinking knitting... stockinette and seed stitch.

I bought this pattern during Vogue's sale recently. I'm contemplating colors.... black? Green? Blue? What do you think?
I've also been sewing a bit. I was planning on making a Duro out of some brown fabric I had. When I laid out the pattern, I realized I needed 3 more inches. So, the fabric is now cut out and half made into this pattern instead.

I didn't, however, have a zipper for the dress. So, a short trip to JoAnn's was in order today. I tried to not to look at fabric but still came home with these.... all 1/4 or 1/2 yards. Yep, more of that monkey fabric for additional bibs. And, the flowered fabric will be used in a pin cushion and a quilt top. The pears and apples? Who knows but I love it.
And, I made my first pair of earrings for an eventual Etsy store. Right now, I'm in the building up an inventory stage.... perhaps this summer will yield the launch!

Yep, I've been productive this weekend. How about you?

4 comments:

Dee said...

The blanket is adorable. I love the stripes too.

Let's see --- one sock finished, one dishcloth finished and another started. It was a pretty productive weekend.

Mine also included a trip to Joann's. I got a new row counter (my old one broke) and some kitchen cotton and some Deborah Norville sock yarn. I had a gift card from a return of some yarn. So everything I got today cost 95 cents. Not bad!

Jane said...

I love the detailed stitch int he blanket.
My weekends are always busy but I never seem to get anything tangible done.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Those fabrics are adorable! I'm in quilting mode at the moment, so I notice fabrics everywhere. I would have bought all 3 in a flash!

Iron Needles said...

Has it been a week since I had a chance to read my blogs? Gah! New jobs...even when they are old jobs...

I appreciate so much your comments to my blog, Stacy.

Really love the fabric. Can't wait to see what the fruit turns into.

PS My birthday is in May, too!