Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yarn Fumes Make Things Better

Work has been a little stressful lately. To cope, I have been eating Jelly Belly jelly beans like they are going out of style (bad Stacy). At home, I have coped by knitting. So the baby blanket is coming along. And, after going to the yarn shop this weekend with Alissa, I was on the look out for a pattern for this soft loveliness.
It is Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton and it is most likely going to be Something Red. Or lavender as the case is here. Ahh fumes, I relax by you!

And, I thought I'd share another springy picture. This tree is on the path of my daily morning walk with Rosy. It is just such a beautiful way to start my morning. Even though I'm not a morning person, I can't think of a better way to start the day than waking, walking as the sun rises and you are able to admire the colors of spring, and then heading home to knit a few relaxing rows.
Soon the semester will be over, summer will be here, I will be wearing dresses daily and my life will be more quiet and routine. Breathe in.... ahhhhhhhh.

6 comments:

Dee said...

That is a very pretty tree. Spring must be there now. The trees are blooming!

Paige said...

Your Something Red will be lovely in lavender! Breathe in those fumes!

Maria Rose said...

Beautiful!

Laura said...

Way cute sweater. Way nice tree!

Iron Needles said...

I remember visiting my daughter in Philly, and she had trees like that outside her apt balcony. Made the living room PINK!

Love your yarn! I can breathe the fumes all the way out here...wait, those are my fumes...

Tinniegirl said...

I'm just getting ready to start crocheting now the weather is getting colder. I love it when I am so excited by my project that I sneak a few rows in before heading to work.

I love that gorgeous Lavender yarn. The pattern you are thinking of looks lovely.