Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blocks and Knots

The joys of summer.... sewing, visiting with friends, commencement, sewing, long walks in the neighborhood (I love my neighborhood!), slow work days.....

I have gotten a few more blocks done for the quilt. I'm up to 8 1/2 (with the half finished after I post this). I'm guessing I will need about 30 total so I'm almost a third of the way there.

We had commencement yesterday at work. Some of my favorite students have now left the university, off to tackle the world. A number of them leave without jobs, a scary thing for them. I sincerely hope something excellent finds them soon. I didn't end up staying for the whole ceremony because I was quite cold and couldn't hear the speakers. If it was just one of those things, I probably would have stuck it out.

There hasn't been much knitting lately because the last two days I had a large knot in my shoulder. It was making my whole shoulder and part of my arm ache. I think it is finally gone (woohoo!) so perhaps there will be some quality knitting in the near future.

Oh, and I totally forgot.... I went to the aquarium this weekend. I was able to visit with a friend and her 4 year old daughter. The touch exhibits were a big hit, let me tell you! It was a wonderful way to spend Sunday morning. Something about sharks, hippos, seals and penguins gets me every time.

What's making you smile today?

4 comments:

D said...

Rain is making me smile today ---- we finally got some MUCH needed rain. We got too much, but that's okay ...

Congrats to all the graduates!

Kathleen Taylor said...

That's going to be a totally gorgeous quilt! I can't wait to see the whole thing put together!

Kara said...

That quilt is going to be so darling!

Amy (badskirt) said...

I like these blocks. =)