Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Daily Rituals....

Morning time... alarm... although my body, accustomed to waking at 6:30, is sometimes already alert. I get up, throw on some additional clothes (PJs don't cut it outside) and walk this little love. We meander around the block, her stopping every so often for a wonderful little smell deposited since the last 'round the block. We see the changes - in nature, in the street recently stripped for repaving, in neighboring homes. We slowly, sometimes reluctantly return home to the morning preparation... shower, Today Show news, and then work. But that first walk, in the quiet of my small sphere of Philadelphia, reminds me of what I love.


For the Daily Rituals project at Curious Bird.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

She's beautiful. Your morning ritual is very similar to mine just in a very different environment as I walk my little love in a big field in the north of Scotland. Love that start to my day.

Laurel said...

I love that face!

flossy-p said...

CUUUUUTE! :D