Thursday, May 28, 2009

It seems like a lot of little things have been going on in my world lately, keeping me happily occupied. I've been playing around in picnik, editing photos. This one is a favorite from yesterday. It's of a street in Old City Philadelphia in the fall. I love the little bits of color and the fuzziness.

I met my goal of four quilt blocks this past weekend. I sewed three on Saturday and then didn't get back to the machine for the fourth until Monday. I am pretty happy with them and am now half way done with creating blocks. I'm feeling good about the goal of getting the quilt done by the end of summer!

I've been out and about with friends lately.... good for my health and happiness, bad for the wallet. I need to do some activities that don't involve money but do involve lots of fun with friends. Hopefully this weekend, when my friend Katy is in town, will yield such results!

I've been ebaying... I sold two items and have about six more to list. Looking at when I last sold a number of items, it becomes obvious that the end of May is my spring cleaning time. I'm loving getting rid of clutter around the house (after all, it makes more space for fabric and yarn right?).

What's making you smile right now?

6 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I am happy about organizing my craft space today!

Rose said...

love the picture. i am happy about relaxing with a cup of coffee this afternoon!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Your quilt blocks are making me smile. It's going to be a lovely quilt!

Jane said...

Watching my dog frolic on the garden is making me happy.
I love the atmospheric picture.

flossy-p said...

I need to do some ebaying too. The selling part, not just the buying ;)

Iron Needles said...

What's making me smile is having some time to catch up on my blogs. I love your upbeat posts, Stacy. I know that our lives sometime drag, but I see how you glean the positive in a very healthy way (as only I can from the internet and 2/3's of the way across the country!). I would have like to have learned that skill at a much younger age than I did. Good for you.