Sunday, May 31, 2009

Out and About in Philly

Sometimes life is just good, fantastic, wonderful, amazing.... this weekend could be summed up by all of those words. Friday I left work a little bit early, picked up one of my best friends Katy at the train station and headed home. We went out to dinner with another friend. Delicious stuffed chicken and garlic mashed potatoes! Katy and I made it home in time for a little tv and lots of giggles (our specialty).

Saturday brought a wee bit of Old City and the Art Star Craft Bazaar. The show was so good! I managed to only buy a ring. I did manage to find a favorite new Etsy seller. I see this and this in my future. We stopped at a microbrew for a light lunch of onion rings and a honey wheat brew. After fighting traffic back to my neighborhood, we determine quality food was needed and headed to an Italian restaurant I hadn't tried before. Seriously delish pasta with shrimp and scallops!! I will definitely be going there again.

Today, after dropping Katy off at the train station, I was able to do a little baking and quilting. My old bananas were calling for a transformation. So, they are now yummy bread! And I got another quilt square done. I'm about half way done with the squares now.

Oh, and I forgot! Thursday, I went to the Grand Prix at the Devon Horse Show! It was a wonderful event. Laurel and I had grandstand seats, which were excellent. I really need to get literally back on the horse again... I miss it.

So remarkably content right now.... how about you?

7 comments:

Dee said...

Those prints are so cool. I love the one with the spools of thread.

I miss the Devon horse show. That always said the beginning of summer to me.

Jacqui said...

sounds like you had a great weekend with your friends! The quilt is coming along well too.

Jane said...

So glad you had a lovely time - you deserve it.

Donna Lee said...

I love weekends like that. This past one had perfect weather and we had a spectacularly successful fund raiser so right now, I am feeling very content.

Maria Rose said...

I am very happy too, thank you for asking!

Tinniegirl said...

How lovely to be "remarkably content". It's wonderful. I can't say the same after being sick for almost 3 weeks but I'm sure I'll be back to my usual happy self real soon.

Sher said...

I am so jealous you got to see the Devon Horse show!!!

Check out the pictures of my horse on my blog. I posted it a few days ago....