Monday, May 11, 2009

Pink Out

I finally started quilt #2 on Sunday. The plan is that all of the blocks will be pink and green. The other fabrics will be brown most likely. Binding, I'm not sure...maybe a light pink. I am kind of liking this block even though I did it without a plan. I think I put off starting the blocks for a while because I hate changing thread colors. Silly reason I know but I try to keep it to a minimum. Anywho, I'm hoping to keep working on blocks over the next month or so. By then, I'll hopefully have enough of them for a full sized quilt for my bed.

Sunday was also filled with a long walk with Rosy, the jewelry photo shoot, visiting with a neighbor and her dog Truman and some sloth-like behavior. I love days that allow for pure relaxation. What did you do?

8 comments:

Jane said...

Not a lot of relaxation. I love the pinks and greens.

Dee said...

That block is so pretty. They are very "happy" colors.

We went to the hydroponic farm down the road and stocked up on veggies.

We also had an awesome Mother's Day lunch at the Winter Park Cheese Shop.

It was a GREAT day.

Maria Rose said...

I am with you I hate changing thread colors. I often pretend I am being "creative" when I just mismatch my thread colors.

Rose said...

love it!

Iron Needles said...

Love both the quilt and the earrings! Look at you, being all busy and creative!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Love love love the quilt block!

I hate changing threads too- so a lot of the time, I don't do it. pure laziness...

Laura said...

I am liking the quilt block!

Boutique Girl said...

Oh my I love it!