Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away; Come Back Another Day

It's been raining and raining and raining. All weekend while my mom was visiting, it rained. It rained out our golf plan on Friday morning. It rained a bit on the Mt. Airy Day festival we attended on Saturday. It rained all day yesterday, causing us to go to the movies rather than do anything outside. (Monsters vrs. Aliens on IMAX in 3D totally rocked!) And, this morning I walked Rosy and found this:
Now large, seemingly healthy looking branches are falling from heaven too! Oh why? And, thankfully it didn't hit the building and thus someone's bedroom.

Mom was off for home this morning. We celebrated my birthday and Mother's Day a bit early. I had a wonderful time with her. I miss her already, as does Rosy who kept looking for her to return after I bid her farewell this morning. Back to just the two of us....

3 comments:

Dee said...

Oh my. Yes, you are right, thank goodness it landed safely on the sidewalk.

On the bright side? The azaleas are beautiful.

Glad you and your mom had a good visit.

Tinniegirl said...

Raining trees! Frightening!

When is your birthday Stacy? You must be a Taurus like me.

Jane said...

WE have had lots of rain over the past two days. Monday was a Bank Holiday in the UK which usually means rain!
Happy Birthday greetings.