Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yay for a FO

I ended up tearing out the stitches where the bodice and skirt meet in the front twice. I re-distributed the stitches once, tried it on and found that I managed to put more on the right side than the left. Good golly Stacy! That wasn't going to work so it was back to the seam ripper.
Anywho, I think it is *complete* now. It's even ironed. So if it ever gets warm again (end of the week maybe?) I'll be ready! I'm simply adoring the red trim. I have all sorts of summery plans for this baby....

** I look so dopey in that photo... note, I shouldn't rush to take pics in the morning before work.

10 comments:

leah said...

Looks great! Your sewing always inspires me!

Karen said...

Ah -- I heart your sewing skills! Lovely, and I hope you wear it in good health.

Donna Lee said...

It looks beautiful on you! Good job. Yea, warmer weather by Friday but still rainy.....

Kara said...

Very cute! I agree the trim is delightful.

Laura said...

Nice dress!

Smokey in the City said...

Happy b-day!!

Dee said...

Very cute.

Maybe you should come down here for a visit. It was 94 degrees today! A summery dress would be perfect.

Jacqui said...

Looks terrific Stacy! Well done! I can't imagine sewing something that sophisticated - you're very clever. I love the vintage pattern you bought a while back - it's very similar to one I have from my mum. I think green would be lovely in it (but I'm biased - it's my favourite colour). A lovely deep bottle green. So you've been making baby blankets too?! I love it when the students leave for the break but after a few weeks it gets very quiet and you miss them...until you are lining up waiting for your coffee again :) Thanks for your kind wishes - I'm starting to feel better (I think)(hopefully).

Tinniegirl said...

Oh, it's gorgeous. Great photo.

Amanda said...

adorable!