Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Good to Smile

I'm constantly amazed by life. When you think positively, even the challenges are little rewards. I have had a few stressors lately. Nothing too overwhelming but things that offered great learning experiences about what I need and want when working with others. So all is good...

Last weekend I traveled out to Denver (Aurora really) for a training. It was an opportunity to network with some new people, reconnect with others and generally learn from colleagues. I have such an appreciation for these folks and their commitment to our field. We also got to go to the Impulse comedy show.... I love how talented folks can do improv. Hilarious!

Thus far this week, I've been relaxing a bit and working on some projects. I got another two quilt squares done last night. I keep wavering on the color sashing I want to use to pull it all together. I also cast on my lavender cardigan. I simply love the feel of the Blue Sky Alpaca cotton in my hands! And, I'm working on a secret project.... all I can say is it is fun!

My neighborhood synagogue is having a flea market on Sunday. I'm hoping to hit it up first thing in the morning and score some good finds. I adore a good flea market, as it offers many possibilities. I'm not going looking for something but certainly hope something amazing jumps out at me - cross your fingers.

4 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Ah! You were so close! But I was so laid up it wouldn't have worked to get together, even if you would have had the time or inclination.

Glad you are finding the good.

Kara said...

Sounds like a great trip. It is good to laugh!

Dee said...

Can't wait to see what you find at the flea market.

Maria Rose said...

Were you in Aurora when the tornado hit?

PS Have fun at the flea market!