Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Little Staycation

This coming weekend I'm planning on helping a friend pick up a bridesmaid dress, go strawberry picking, and take a little staycation here in Philly. I have off on Monday and Tuesday and other than a trip to the car repair shop, I have no definite plans. It's lovely to think about all of the crafting I can do, the possibility of a few extra walks with Rosy, and revel in the opportunity for a bit more sleep.
Although there is a part of me that thinks I should go visit the Art Museum or the zoo, the idea of staying home and just being is seductive.
And of course, I'll have to make some strawberry shortcake. I guess I'll need to add "get Kool-Whip" to my weekend to do's.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Strawberry shortcake was my favorite as a kid :-) both the dessert and the character!!! And I just love your fabric. I hope you enjoy your staycation!

Dee said...

That last square is really striking with the chocolate center. Very pretty.

Enjoy your "stay-cation". I think we'll be doing one of those this year too.

Maria Rose said...

I find that a few days at home is far more refreshing than any busy vacation. Have fun!

Kara said...

You know what? I think i need one of those staycations. I like the way you think. And what you got planned.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Your quilt blocks are great! Staying home to play is always a good idea.

Rose said...

i love staycations! have a lovely time crafting and enjoying the fresh strawberries.

Jane said...

How lovely to have empty days ahead with lots of ideas on how to fill them. Have fun!