Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Walk and a Knit: Otherwise Known as Life is Good

Yesterday on our walk around the block, Rosy spotted this rug folded up on the curb. She was immediately suspicious, unsure what it was up to. And, I think, where it's butt was so she could smell it. Seriously, I had to pull her past it. And then she turned around to check it out again, making a weird little noise down in her throat. I, meanwhile, let out a hearty laugh at her expense.

I also proudly have a finished object to brag about. I've been such a knitting slacker lately that FO have been few and far between. I blame it in part of a wee bit of carpel tunnel. I've been nursing my hands a bit so that it doesn't get worse. But, last night I plugged away on this baby blanket for one of my sorority sisters from college (well actually, her soon-to-be son - it's a little too small for her).
It's a simple basket weave of stockinette and seed stitch. I'm pretty happy with how the stripes work too. I bought the yarn on sale and got the five balls that were left, thus the two different colors. I hope my friend likes it... now to find a small gift for her daughter, the big sister. Hmm....

5 comments:

Sher said...

Your dog is so cute! Wonderful job on the baby blanket. I know how to crochet, but haven't knitted much. Knitting for me, seems to take so long to do.

Dee said...

Your baby blanket is adorable.

I had to laugh at Rosy too. I guess she thought that was a pretty strange dog. She was doing her best to protect you from the stranger.

Maria Rose said...

How great that you're giving the big sister a gift too. When I was 4 and my brother Ben was born a friend of the family made me a blanket with my name on it, lest anyone think it was for the baby. I loved her for doing that and I still have the blanket to this day.

Maria Rose said...

PS The blanket is adorable too. I really love the stripes.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Rosy is on the ball- that is clearly an Evil rug, or washing mitt, or whatever it is. It's evil.

The blanket is adorable!