Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July

We, the people, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our prosperity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I love the Fourth of July. I love picnics. I love time with family and friends. I love fireworks. And, I love celebrating the fact that I live in this free nation. The United State of America has flaws, don't get me wrong. There are many things the government does (or doesn't do) that I don't agree with. But, I'm pretty proud to be an American. This country was founded out of a disagreement about fundamental rights. It was founded on liberty. On equality. On justice. Like everywhere, we've failed to live up to those values at times. But people come along and put us on a more right course. I'm proud of my country and hope I can be part of the process of making us more free, more equal, more just. Happy Independence Day!

5 comments:

Dee said...

Happy Fourth! Are you going down to Penn's Landing for the fireworks?

Iron Needles said...

Happy 4th to you, too, right there in the city of independence!

Sher said...

Happy 4th of July to you too!

Jane said...

Happy 4th of July. One day I would love to visit the US on that day.

Sher said...

What's great about our country is we have the freedom to actually say we disagree with out fear.