Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just a Minute...

Stealing a wee bit from Amy, I thought I'd post a Just a Minute for July (and I'm getting it in just under the wire).

Reading...
a plethora of magazines (Real Simple, In Style, Fast Company, and Self) and continuing to ever so slowly enjoy my way through A Homemade Life.

Winning... pretty much none of the contests I enter. Oh well...

Learning... yet again that I can't control what other people do. It's hard to watch people make bad decisions sometimes. But then, that's how we all learn!

Hoping... it doesn't rain for Shakespeare in Clark Park. We're going on Saturday night and I'm looking forward to the picnic and show.

Collecting...fabric scraps for my door wreath. I think I have all of the supplies... just need to get sewing!

Filing... emails in my work and personal in-boxes. It seems as though, lately, email has been flying in so fast I can barely keep up.

Planning... for upcoming sewing projects while toiling away at the lovely ones I'm working on now. I'm thinking either a patchwork on coin quilt... decisions, decisions! Oh, and for the return of my students and general job craziness in September.

Watching...people out my third floor office window. Today is warm and it's not raining yet. I have such an eagle eye view of a busy, fun area of the city.

Making... a secret project that I'm loving! I'm hoping to get a bunch accomplished this weekend.

4 comments:

Dee said...

How is A Homemade Life?

I just started A Natural History of the Senses. Not sure yet what I think of it.

Maria Rose said...

Are you too high up for good people watching?

Amy (badskirt) said...

oh! who doesn't love secret projects and shakespeare sounds good too! It's a great meme, I only wish I had started earlier. Everyone else should join in on the fun and signup at August Street!

Jenaveve said...

Hey Stacy, so glad you're playing (it is nice to have found your blog!)
And I love your selection of mags - coming from a mag-a-holic here, I just can't get enough of them. Only where to put them...