Monday, August 3, 2009

Champagne Wishes and Clafouti Dreams

When reading Alicia's blog on Friday, I was inspired to print out the recipe for the clafouti. It sounded so good and with so many berries in season, I knew I could supplement the pears for berries.

On Saturday, I bought blackberries at the farmer's market. I also picked up some raspberries at the grocery store because I simply adore the mixture of the two berries together.

Today, I stirred, measured and baked this little deliciousness. Seriously, it
is amazing. The clafouti is an easy recipe with maximum yummy results. The only flaw (if you can call it a flaw) is it has got to be horrific for you, what with the heavy cream in the recipe. I might do exactly what Alicia does next time - sub in half-and-half instead. In the meantime, I'll delude myself into enjoying the fruit and protein from the eggs! Yum!!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Looks delicious!

Sher said...

Every time I come here, you make me hungry ;D

Share!

Maria Rose said...

I really like the combo of blackberries and raspberries too!