Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just a Minute... August

Time for this month's just a minute...

Watching...
Hawthorne : I've never been a huge Jada Pinkett Smith fan but this show might make me. It's has some good drama and I think Michael Vartan is yummy. Also watched The Closer and Royal Pains. So I guess yummy looking doctors sum up my August.

Reading...
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this but I read sTori Telling by Tori Spelling this month. It was great: funny, sweet, and made me like her even more. I haven't been as good of a reader this month as I should be....

Finding...
the awesomeness of new friends. I feel so lucky that these women have come into my life.

I've also found I've been really big on nesting this month. I'm not exactly sure why but am really loving the comfort of my home as I tweak little things here and there.

Exploring...
the idea of rearranging my apartment, moving the kitchen table into the living room space to make a living/dining area and then turning the space in the kitchen into an office/craft space. I'm not making any decisions until the Ugly Orange Chair is done, because that process is in the way right now.

Recovering...
The Ugly Orange Chair. I put on the second coat of spray paint today. I think by Monday I'll be able to start the upholster process... which both scares me and exhilarates me. I can't wait to start but am frightened of that first cut.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Sounds like you have had a very "comfortable" August.

Are you still thinking about buying a house? Or are you staying where you are?

Leah said...

I read that book too this month if it makes you feel better! I'm a fan!

Jenaveve said...

It's good to get these little secrets off your chest :) I haven't read it so I'm not sure if it's any good or not...

Sounds like a very hands-on kind of time - looking forward to seeing how it all works out. Love re-arranging things, just because!

Smokey in the City said...

I too have read STORItelling, and truth be told I have Mommywood sitting right next to me ready to be read - and I don't have kids.

What can I say? It's a morbid curiosity with Tori.

I won't judge you if you won't judge me. ;)

madalyn said...

I've been enjoying "Hawthorne," too!