My little Iraq bundle is packaged and mailed, thanks to the wonderful help of one of my post office's employees. She told me it would get there in about two weeks - plenty of time before the goal deadline of September 17th.
After getting the bundle together last night, I decided to get to business on stripping the rest of the fabric off the Ugly Orange Chair. Well, it shall be called that no more!
All of the fabric, minus that one piece attached to the reinforced netting of the seat, has been put aside until measurements f0r the replacements are needed. This is as naked as it is going to get folks!
Oh, but you should see the sheer amount of staples I pulled out of that sucker. Leverage is such my friend right now. The little bit of rust on so many of them made me wonder if my tetanus shot was up-to-date. Luckily, I never stabbed myself with a staple so I think I'm in the clear.
Over the next couple of days I need to rough the chair up a little (sandpaper really but that does not sound nearly as troublemaker-like) and get the primer, paint and upholstery tacks. This weekend I'm hoping to prime and paint all of the exposed surfaces. After that I get to cut out fabric pieces (yeah, that's the part that scares me). It is coming along....