Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ready, Set, Organize Your Crafts

I realized this morning that I really do need to get busy with my sewing. I have approximately four friends pregnant but gift-less from me. I also have a friend getting married in November and need to decide if I want to buy something or make something as the gift. Oy! Lately, I've been so focused on the secret project that I haven't been seeing the big picture - keeping myself balanced in the gift creation arena. I think this weekend I need to work on a list and approximate "due dates" for when I want to mail things. I like structure and perhaps giving myself some will help. Plus, it can all go into a pretty spreadsheet... I'm a geek, huh?

I have been knitting though. The Something Lavender is coming along nicely. I'm probably about 15% completed. I find I am babying my hands slightly because they have been feeling a little carpel tunnel-y lately (I blame that Solitaire game on the iPhone... it is a saucy devil). My aunt, who has been a big sewer for years, just had to have surgery for hers.... I will not suffer the same fate.

Anyway, in other news, Rosy and I encountered this folded up hammock the other day or our walk. She wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I'm pretty certain she thought it was the cousin of the white furry rug. It's hard to find a butt to smell on a hammock, let me tell you. But Little Dog sure tried. What a trooper!

3 comments:

leah said...

I got your package! Thank you so much! The yarn is just lovely, now I'm dreaming of the possibilities!

Tinniegirl said...

Nothing like a good spreadsheet, and a bit of structure.

I love how Rosy thinks that all these things are dogs. Too cute.

Iron Needles said...

Your little wreath project is too cute.

It amazes me at what the dog will sniff out on our walks! And what they will pay attention to, and what doesn't hold any interest for them.