Monday, August 17, 2009

The Ugly Orange Chair

Oh oh, look what I inherited. An ugly orange chair! On Friday, I found it left on the curb outside my apartment building. After testing the springs and determining the chair was in overall good condition, I decided that I must be able to reupholster it. (Confidence is a good thing right?) I'm glad the wood is in such great condition that I don't need to strip and refinish it. Even though I like refinishing items, doing so with any kind of fabric involved might be more than I can handle.

I brought it inside and now it sits in the living room, waiting for a thorough sniffing from Little Dog (who I just got back today after being away) and then some good fabric. Well, and some quality Google research on good re-upholstery jobs....

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Let me know how it goes. I have been nervous to tackle a big upholstery job myself. I see a lot of cute things on designsponge.com, maybe a good source for inspiration!

Tinniegirl said...

I'm always too scared to take on upholstery. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained hey?

Amanda said...

I've been wanting to reupholster my great grandmother's dining room chairs but I've been scared (and too lazy) to do so! I can't wait to see how your project turns out :-)