Monday, August 10, 2009

Where I Am

Now that we are in the eighth month of the year, I thought I should revisit the 2009 theme of "savor the possibilities." I've been trying to keep this little nugget in my head through all of my daily experiences. How have I been doing it? Through running with the Shakespeare in Clark Park as soon as the email hit my inbox. Buying fabric that I love, even with no plan in mind. Admiring a sunset. Saving a little money here and there to be put towards happiness. By visiting the farmer's market as much as possible (two different ones last week!) and stocking up on summer goodness. Making new friends. Making single jars of delicious jam. Trying that Bellows Breath exercise of my mom's. Exercising more. Seeing flea market finds through different eyes. Telling people I love them every chance I get. Savoring....

The goals I originally came up with for 2009 are:
  • Make another quilt.
  • Eat more veggies.
  • Save about $250/month to put towards a new computer as my little Mac is getting older.
  • Refinish a piece of furniture.
  • Continue dating and don't get discouraged.
  • Volunteer more locally.
I'd say I'm doing fairly well. Of the goals I've fallen behind on, I'd list saving money and continue dating. My savings gotten eaten slightly by a new timing belt and catalytic converter. Dating hasn't been a priority. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good. How have you been savoring the possibilities?

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I have been pretty much focused on enjoying this pregnancy and being aware of every little bit of it!

Tinniegirl said...

It's good to actually go back and check in on goals and dreams. I'm doing the same at the moment.

It seems to me that you are doing an excellent job.