Monday, September 14, 2009

Added Warmth

My living room before this weekend....

My living room after this weekend!

I've lived here for two and a half years and even before I moved in - just seeing the apartment - I hated that ugly electrical box right in the living room. I've had plenty of ideas on things I should do to cover it up but never acted on any of them. Most of them involved putting nails, screws or a bar for a quilt on the wall. For this, I put two tacks in the corners of the molding, attached plastic rings to the back of the wall quilt and all set. Such an improvement!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Love it! You were busy this weekend!

Rose said...

so cute!

Iron Needles said...

Nicely done. I love little tasks that make such big improvements to my environment. My sense of well-being jumps ten-fold! Lovely quilt, too.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

What a difference.

Cristy and Caleb said...

What a great idea! Did you make the quilt yourself?

Aimee said...

I LOVE it! The colors are amazing together and it makes a huge difference in the look of the room.... That little wall quilt you made is beautiful;) I wish I knew how to quilt...

Kara said...

Nice! It is like a breaker box cozy.

Dee said...

Good job and so much nicer looking that the electrical box door.

Are you going to change it out seasonally?

CurlyPops said...

That's so much prettier. What a weird place to have an electrical box!

Maria Rose said...

Much improved. Why do they always put those boxes in the weirdest places?!

Cathy (tinniegirl) said...

Looks fantastic. Isn't it funny how it can take forever to make simple changes sometimes.