Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Apple Picking = Start of Fall

I went apple picking (and blackberries too) on Sunday with a friend of mine. It was a gorgeous day, although a bit early in the apple season. Only the Gala and Macs were ripe. Macs are my favorite so I was happy regardless.
Me picking a Mac, destined for apple muffins.

I love the sounds of cars driving over wooden bridges: rattle, rattle, rattle. It has that rustic sounds of yester year.

They had about six horses on the property, with a lovely little paddock for them.

We saw this HUGE spider. For scale, check out the blackberries behind him. His (her?) coloring was gorgeous, even if he kind of creeped me out. Thank goodness for zoom lenses.

These two images let us know where to pick... talk about making me chuckle!

It truly was a wonderful way to spend one of the last days of such a wonderful summer. And I know have about 18 frozen apple muffins, which will provide me with the necessary carbs to make it through the winter!

4 comments:

Dee said...

Love the "not ripe" face. LOL

Fall can't be too far away. I found concord grapes at Fresh Market this weekend. They are DELICIOUS!

Tinniegirl said...

Looks like a lovely day out. I really like that first photo of you.

Kara said...

I think I am going to start wearing a sign "Pick Me, I'm Ripe."

Maria Rose said...

Wow, that looks so wonderful. I wish they had something like that here. I will just have to live vicariously through you.