Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lately, I've been crawling into bed and then struggling to disengage my brain. I realized tonight, as I lay there, that I think it might have to do with not engaging my creative process enough during the day. I've been waiting until payday to buy some fabric to start a little boy baby quilt. And so, the sewing machine (which, by the way, really should have a name.... hmmm), sits quietly in the kitchen. I think I need to find a little project to hold me over.

Anyway, tonight as I lay there, I thought about how great the tv show Glee is. Is anyone else watching it?

It kind of was awesome last night (and by kind of I mean freaking). I love seeing these high school students using their creative energy. And, when you compare it to a number of other shows set in high schools (Gossip Girl, 90210, etc), these kids are nice. Mind you, there are still cliques so nice is relative. But really, the central theme is creativity. And passion. And embracing life. Good things. How are you holding on to those things in your life? And, how am I going to re-engage my own creative juices tomorrow? Stay tuned. And, good night.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Glee rocked! Mom and I enjoyed it very much. I could so use some more singing but it did freaking rock! :-D

Kara said...

LOVE this show. I am a total Gleek.

Meredith said...

Glee is such a "guilty pleasure" for me. It's just so much fun to watch. We LOVED this week's episode!