Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall

I've been thinking a lot about fall lately. As we slowly drift from summer into fall, vacillating between warm and cold weather, I can't help but think about what the year will offer. Since I work at a university, my life is still often measured in semesters. We are about a month into the year. I wonder about my relationships with students. I wonder what tribulations, successes and moments of bliss will cross my path. I welcome the bright colors of fall, as we evolve into a winter rebirth. And I wonder about our own personal rebirth. As we grow and change, we become who we are supposed to be. I don't know if it is destiny or a destiny we create. But it is valuable. Who will I be at this time next year? What talents will I have nurtured? What friends will I have made? How will my life be different? The questions of life....

3 comments:

trasha said...

I love the colours in the autumn.

Cathy (tinniegirl) said...

What a lovely post. It made me stop for a moment and think. A nice little piece of quiet in an otherwise busy day.

2paw said...

I love the changing seasons and I am always intrigued by the fact that as you are easing into Autumn, we are easing into Spring. The last term of school here lead to Christmas and then the long Summer holidays. We are wondering what the year ahead will bring too.