Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just a Minute : October

Oh, Blogtoberfest and Just a Minute collide today... wonderful!

Reading... The Lost Symbol, which was good although not as great as some of Dan Brown's other books. I definitely liked Angels and Demons and The DaVinci Code better. Still, I couldn't put this book down. That's always a good sign right? Other than that, I've been trying to catch up on my magazines.

Keeping... my freezer stocked with good foods for winter. I currently have pasta sauce, ziti, Swedish meatballs, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, apple muffins and butternut squash stockpiled. I need to get more squash and make a batch of chili sometime soon! Nothing makes me happier in the dead of winter, after sloshing through snow and slush, to come home to an easy, defrost-and-go dish.

Sewing... the wee baby boy quilt. Now, on to a quilt for my friend for Christmas. I have a good idea what I want to do thanks to Amy. Can't say too much here though since she reads this blog!

Watching... GLEE! Seriously, I might be obsessed. I love the show. If you haven't seen it, find it on hulu. I'm excited for Game 3 of the World Series only because they are performing.

Trying... to practice patience. In life. In work.

Making... my best life each day. Or, at least trying to do so. It often seems like life goes a mile a minute. I keep trying to remind myself to take pleasure in each minute, to be grateful for all that I have in my life.

Congratulating... a friend who has moved into the chairmanship role of an organization I respect and belong to. She'll be amazing and I'm excited to see what she accomplishes over the next two years.

Interested in playing along... head over to August Street and sign up.

6 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I like that you plan so far ahead with your freezer meals. I should try and get ahead like that...

Cathy (tinniegirl) said...

A lovely post. I'm loving GLEE too. It's too fabulous.

Iron Needles said...

Excellent review. I think an exercise like this helps me keep my perspective.

Jenaveve said...

I'm really curious about what ziti is? Stocking up pre-winter is a top idea, and really good for those freezing cold nights when you just don't feel like cooking.

I missed the whole GLEE thing but I've heard it's just awesome!

Miss Sofia said...

Glee is just great! I've spent some time watching their youtube clips with my friends this evening.

madalyn said...

Glee is fabulous, isn't it? I'm hooked.