Friday, October 16, 2009

Terrain on a Rainy Day

Today my mom and I visited Terrain. I've heard such amazing things about this garden/home store and cafe that I'm excited I final craved out some time to visit it. First off, it is overwhelming gorgeous and relaxing. As my mom said, almost Zen like.
And the cafe is amazing. Honey wheat bread and butter and water in Ball canning jars were on each table. Bulbs growing around you. We shared the truffle mac and cheese (yum) and each had the scallops. And, finishing the meal was a caramelized pear ice cream sandwich. Seriously, I would go there again for the food alone.
A lot of the items in the shop were slightly out of my price range, especially since I don't have outdoor gardening space. However, it was worth the short drive for atmosphere alone. What a lovely little adventure to start my visit with mom!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Sounds like a perfect start to the visit with your mom;) Good to hear you had a nice time....the food & atmosphere both sound amazing!