Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weekend Re-cap

This weekend with my mom was wonderful. Mom and I did a number of fun things. On Saturday, we did the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail with my friend Laurel. We visited five of the nine wineries and I came home with five bottles of wine! It was a great little trip, despite the nor'easter dumping rain on us. And on our visit to Pinnacle Ridge, we were filmed for what might become a Travel Channel program! We came home to a simple dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup - much needed after spending so much time outside - and a movie.
On Sunday, we had a low key day. Late start, followed by Ikea with friends, a fast return at Target (and new tights!) and grocery shopping for Mom's Swedish meatballs recipe. We came home and I took a quick nap to kill off the bad headache I had. After about an hour, I was mostly back in the game and we made the meatballs and some more apple pear sauce (yep, I'm addicted!). Yummy dinner and some Deperate Housewives.

My mom left yesterday morning right before I had to leave for work. She's such a special woman and I'm so lucky to have her healthy, fun and such a supporter of mine.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Cute photo.

Sounds like a good weekend (except for the headache part) --- glad you are enjoying fall.

Iron Needles said...

Yea for mother and daughter times..from a mother who loves times with her daughters!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

What a lovely weekend. I must do more with my mum.