Thursday, November 12, 2009

Flea Market Finds....

On Sunday, I got to visit my favorite Buffalo flea market again. Since it was a gorgeous day - 60 degrees in Buffalo in November!! - there were a lot of vendors there hoping to clear out their stock before the winter.

I was able to purchase this little step ladder for $6. It was originally marked at $16 and then marked down to $8. As I'm looking at it, trying to figure out where in my apartment could become a home, the vendor walked up and said I could have it for $6. I am still not sure it has found its right home, but for now it is in the bedroom. I'm glad I didn't walk away... I think I would have regretted it.

I also got this orange crate. It's a pretty simply one with no markings on the side. It was marked at $3 and the vendor tried to give me this one and another one for this price. When I wouldn't take the second one, he gave me a dollar back! Again, not sure this is the final home. Or its final color. I am contemplating sanding it and painting it a light green.

And, I bought a Christmas present. One of the vendors was selling (somewhat) vintage pins for a variety of baseball teams. My boss is a big Phillies fan so this will make its way to him for the holidays. It's just perfect!

My mom got an AWESOME sideboard for her dining room for only $20. It is a gorgeous piece (I should have taken a picture). I will admit I kind of strongly encouraged her to purchase it. But I know she doesn't regret it!

And, we bought a large milk jug for a family friend's umbrella and cane. He served in WWII and this was a Veteran's Day/you're good people gift. My mom is going to re-paint it for him, as he is out of town currently.

Altogether, I spent $23 and my mom spent $25! Fantastic outing!

6 comments:

Dee said...

Good scores! Your boss is going to LOVE that Phillies pin!

Kara said...

Great finds! I think the orange crate is adorable.

CurlyPops said...

What bargains! Love the stepladder.

madalyn said...

I love the little ladder!

Maria Rose said...

Lovely. The best part is fitting them into your home.

Cathy (Tinniegirl) said...

I love the step ladder too. It's gorgeous.