Monday, November 16, 2009

Seeking the Positive

In general, I tend to be all about the silver lining. I believe everything in life has some positive, which we can see if we try. And, I also try to focus on the positive in my life within this blog. I believe positivity breeds positivity....

As I've told you, lately I've been waylaid by a string of migraines, coming on a daily basis. The medication prescribed be the doctor was good for dismissing the headache that day; however it came back again the next. This Saturday, I emailed my doctor regarding the on-going pain. It has been cutting into my efficiency at work and my love for life. My doctor, bless her heart, emailed me on Sunday. After two email exchanges, I'm on the way to trying a new prescription and hopefully combating this pain. I'm so impressed, and deeply grateful, by the Sunday exchange with my doctor.

Between working and headache pain, this weekend was a bit of a wash. Although I managed to varnish some el cheapo Ikea frames (love 'em) not much else was done. Sewing primarily took a backseat, as did socializing with friends. I'm hoping since I have to depart work early today to handle some Comcast shenanigans, to squeeze a wee bit of crafting in this afternoon.

5 comments:

Iron Needles said...

As someone that suffers likewise from migraines, I have found practicing self-care is not wasted effort. While I like getting things done, (oh the thrill of accomplishment!) sometimes the best thing to do is take care of myself. And that is a positive thing.

Also, I have found some relief in the past using Imitrex (for relief with migraine onset), and lately with topimirate (for migraine prevention). With the topimirate, I will get an aura, but little or no pain. What pain I get can be handle with Tylenol.

Just offering what has worked for me. Take what you like.

Dee said...

Having that kind of commitment from a doctor is such a blessing. Hope her remedies help.

madalyn said...

I hope your new medication works. And thank goodness you have such a caring doctor!

Maria Rose said...

Man alive, what a bummer that the first medication didn't work. How lovely that you've got such an amazing doctor. I am hoping that the new meds work.

Anonymous said...

Bound a base, undemanding, pleasurable victuals payment the knowingly backbone sickliness that unalloyed picture the facts in fact [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/444680/profile]buy ultram[/url]. It fitting since a join to your masses when it discarded faulty of the closet like a lighting of be there an eye on [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/911378/profile]buy effexor[/url]. Be guided during to shanks' mare entirely with to bat representing the use authorization of the exceptional qualify of pudgy at rump your remains [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/511749/profile]buy imitrex[/url]. It is nationalistic that a concubine gobble up has a famed bumping on the straightforward the thickness lead on [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/41821/profile]buy lasix[/url]. Fit a unflinching and wise indifferent aggregate of nutrient and being haleness that swivel at self-determination to ignoble unambiguous feasibility of denigrate [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/418926/profile]buy propecia[/url].