Monday, December 21, 2009

2010 Goals

I've been thinking a little bit about goals for 2010. What should I be striving for? What's my theme? What am I motivated to accomplish? They are tough questions to answer. Yet, they are easy at the same time. Right now, I'm thinking my goals are:
  1. Make a larger sized quilt.
  2. Take the glass blowing class through my local learning tree. I think this could be a fun experience and something totally different than my other crafts.
  3. Do another (successful!) craft show. I like preparing, laying out the table, connecting with customers and whatnot.
  4. Find a new challenge in my professional job. I've been doing the same thing for over four years, with the only big addition being editing a webpage (great new challenge). I need to find new things to keep my mind active and think in a different way.
  5. Continue dating.
  6. Read more! Knit more too.
  7. Exercise more. I've gotten lax in the last couple of months and need to get myself back on track.
  8. Move closer to buying my own home. Whether that is adding to savings or consulting a realtor is up for grabs.
As for the theme, it was suggested that I use love (by this lovely lady). I adapted it a bit to "Surround Yourself with Love." That's what 2010 will be: my opportunity to do what I love, take care of myself, challenge myself, enjoy family and friends and maybe even meet someone to love.

What do you hope to accomplish in 2010?

6 comments:

Dee said...

Sounds like you've made some good goals for 2010.

My goal? Slow down and be present in the moment.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

They seem like great goals to me and will make 2010 a wonderful year. I am so glad you like dmy inspiration.

Rhodes Family said...

Great minds think alike. I hadn't been on my blog in a while and decided that today I was going to put my goals/resolutions for the new year down. So it was out there and it could hold me accountable since people will read it and I can keep reading it. So you'll have to check out my blog later to read my. You have great goals. I look forward to hearing how things go in 2010 for you.

Iron Needles said...

One of the first efforts I decided to try to do has already been signed up for. I have paid for a photography class through our community education offerings. There's a start.

Maria Rose said...

I love your goals. Glass blowing is high on my list as well, but I haven't found a class here in my area.

I love your theme. Simple and perfect.

Cathy (Tinniegirl) said...

A great list, and I love your theme. Hope you achieve all the things you set out to achieve.

Have a fabulous Christmas and New Year.