Sunday, December 20, 2009

Toffee Treats

Today, I used this caramel recipe to make some treats as my colleague's holiday gifts. I cooked it about as long as Emily said but ended up with toffee, not caramel. It's darn delicious toffee though (Really sugar, butter and heavy cream... can you go wrong?). I packaged the pieces up and have everything set to take in tomorrow and drop off. I had these little flower pot thingies, originally from Ikea, that a neighbor had left by the mailboxes downstairs. They were the perfect little container for a couple of colleague's toffee. As I only had two, someone gets a bag instead (and an extra piece!). It was an easy recipe and a fun snow day #2 activity.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Looks like you are having a very productive snow day.

Last year a friend made me some chocolate dipped toffee. It was the best candy I've EVER had. YUMMY!

carlita dee said...

Cute packaging, and I bet the toffee is delicious!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love handmade gifts and what a good idea. The packaging always lets me down.

Iron Needles said...

Eldest Daughter got out of Philly on Saturday am on a flight only 90 late. She is convinced that Philly is mocking her, finally dumping snow, when she has a flight home, after so many false predictions!

Anyway, we have had 2 days together, while others are still in airports waiting for a flight.

Kara said...

I LOVE toffee. I feel it is a shame that they only usually come out around the holidays.